Mandate & Objectives of Music NWT:
- To support the marketing and distribution of NWT Musicians and Recording Artists
- To provide opportunities for the education and training of NWT Musicians and Recording Artists and the NWT Music Industry
- To increase recognition of the music industry as a vital element of the economy and cultural identity of the Northwest Territories
- Provide a voice to government, business, and the communities at large, throughout the Northwest Territories, regarding the issues facing the music industry
- NWT’s music industry has enormous talent
- Music industry professionals are entitled to fair and equitable compensation;
Music is an integral part of NWT’s culture
- NWT’s music industry has the capacity to succeed on a national and global scale; and
the music industry is a contributor to NWT’s economic development.
Music NWT is a proud member of the Western Canadian Music Alliance.